Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食), One of the Most Representative Gourmets in Hualien, Taiwan, Est. 1928


On Oct. 2, 2017, after enjoying the splendid scenery in Taroko, Hualien, Taiwan, my friend and I headed to the hotel we were going to stay at in Downtown Hualien to check in. When we were hesitating to decide which wonton restaurant we were going to have for dinner at the hotel, the owner of the hotel told us that the local in Hualien always chose Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食).
Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Although I thought what the owner said was a hyperbole, a local guy recommended Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食), and Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) had been established since 1928 in Hualien, Taiwan. Why not try it? We decided to verify whether Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) was so great or not!

Condiments @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Condiments @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
It was almost closed at 20:00 when we arrived at Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食). It kept simple. It only served wonton soup! One bowl of wonton soup cost me 70 TWD (=2.32 USD). My friend and I ordered one respectively.

I always talked about the restaurant that only served one thing with my full respect because it meant that the restaurant was proud of and confident in the only thing!

Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan 
After a while, the wonton soup was served.

The wonton looked quite enough in size. I didn't carefully count how many wontons in the soup, but I thought they were enough for a man's night snack!

Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
The soup tasted not too light. The taste bone broth exactly stroke a balance with sliced celery and the aroma of shallot. I also sprinkled the white pepper powder on the soup to make it closed my perfection! I thought the wonton soup was perfectly closed to my preference. I was so satisfied!

Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
Wonton @ Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) in Hualien, Taiwan
The outside of wonton was thin. And the inside was full of ground pork, but not smooth. I didn't have any special preference about the inside of wonton. The inside of the wonton was not only enough in size but also umami!

Because of budget and time constraint and no repeating on the same food, we didn't try other wonton restaurant in Hualien, Taiwan. But I loved Yexiang Wonton(液香扁食) so much! I thought it was definite worth your try!

Map Information


Opening Hours: 10:00 - 13:30;16:00 - 20:30
Official Website: http://est.idv.tw/yexiang/

留言