Ryu Shanghai Honten @ Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum, the Delicious Seafood-Based and Richly Concentrated Miso Ramen


On Feb. 16, 2017, after enjoying the decorations at Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum, we came to the ramen street here!

Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum always invites the famous and popular ramen restaurants from Worldwide to open a short-term branch here. The ramen restaurants are also always changed periodically. You can get the ramen store information on Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum's official website.

Ryu Shanghai Honten
The 1st ramen restaurant we visited that day was Ryu Shanghai Honten from Yamagata, Japan. Its signature was the ramen with rich broth based on seafood! I chose this one because I'd like to visit all 47 prefectures in japan, but it seemed that I would visit Yamagata in the distant future. And its soup seemed unique!

Ryu Shanghai Honten's development
The poster seemed the process of the development of the ramen, Although I was poor at Japanese, I could understand it roughly!
 Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum's loyalty card
It seemed that there were loyalty cards at Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum. But I was unable to understand the rule written in Japanese.

Ryu Shanghai Honten's signature cost us JPY 870 (USD 7.69) each.

The popular ramen restaurant
The restaurant became crowded after we entered. We were really lucky!
Spicy Miso Ramen (JPY 870)
I recommend you to try its original soup when you visit this place.

The fresh and rich seafood-based soup tasted so marvelous! After this, I tried to mix the the raw and spicy-hot miso topped on the ramen with the seafood broth. That brought the ramen to the perfection!

I also liked the texture of its super-fat noodles very much!

The BBQ pork was not bad, but it didn't make me surprised.

Done
I think Ryu Shanghai Honten is really worth visiting! I hope one day I'll try Ryu Shanghai Honten's initial store in Yamagata, Japan!

As a ramen lover, it was a rare opportunity to try the exquisite ramen! We decided to continue to try the 2nd ramen restaurant, Muku Ramen, that day!


Map Information

留言