Ekini Market's Delicious and Fresh Seafood Donburi at only JPY 500 in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan!


On May 19, 2016, I got back to Hakodate from Aomori by ferry in the early morning. I arrived at Hakodate Harbour at 6:00. I arrived in Hakodate so early! Of course, it was necessary to have a rich breakfast at Hakodate Morning Market!

Ekini Market in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Ekini Market in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Therefore I came to Ekini Market, the market where you could fish for squid in Hakodate Morning Market. There was a restaurant, Nibankan(二番館), serving fresh and yummy seafood donburi at fair prices on the second floor of Ekini Market!

Nibankan's menu in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Nibankan's Menu-1


Not only Nibankan's signature, the donburi topped with 5 kinds of seafoods, but also other choices were all at a bargain price!

Nibankan's menu in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Nibankan's Menu-2
I wished I had eaten all of them, but the space of my stomach was limited. Eventually I decided to order Nibankan's signature, the donburi topped with 5 kinds of seafoods!

Nibankan's the donburi topped with 5 kinds of seafoods in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
the donburi topped with 5 kinds of seafoods
The donburi topped with 5 kinds of seafoods only cost me JPY 500 (USD 4.36). Additional JPY 100 could make your donburi larger. It was an absolute bargain with suitable portion size for breakfast, including the miso soup and side dish. The seafood on the rice, salmon, tuna, squid and shrimp, were pretty fresh and enticing.

I didn't order the larger one. I thought the portion size was enough for one's breakfast. I'd also like to try other kinds of gourmets at Hakodate Morning Market!

The Map

留言