Furukawa Fish Market Nokke-don in Aomori, Japan


On May 18, 2016, I arrived at Aomori Harbour in the early morning by Seikan Ferry. And then I walked 30 minutes with my luggage to Furukawa Fish Market for breakfast.

Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan
Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori
There was a tutorial teaching you how to get your Nokke-don! It was easily understood, even unfamiliar with Japanese!

The tutorial at Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan
The tutorial at Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan
The tutorial says that you can spend JPY 540(USD 4.75) on 5 tickets or JPY 1,080 (USD 9.5) on 10 tickets (JPY 108 per ticket). And then you get a bowl of rice in exchange with the ticket at a shop with the orange flag or your toppings in exchange with the ticket at a shop with the blue flag.

I spent JPY 540 that day!
Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan
Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan-1
The small bowl of rice was worth 1 ticket. The large one was worth 2 tickets. The tickets for seafood depended on what seafood you'd like to order. Everything here looked not only fresh but also tasty! I would have eaten all of them out if I hadn't been constrained by my budget!

Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan
Furukawa Fish Market in Aomori, Japan-2
There were some salarymen coming here for breakfast! But there were much less tourists in Aomori than popular attractions in Japan.

Furukawa Fish Market Nokke-don in Aomori, Japan
My Nokke-don
The seafood in Aomori tasted wonderful! It cost me only JPY 540(USD 4.75). It was a bargain!

But there were less foreign visitors in Aomori. You can probably try Aomori next time when you visit Japan!

My next destination was Nebuta House Warasse, one of the most representative attractions in Aomori, Japan!

The Map

留言